Google News Content Policies | Google News SEO | Google News Publisher Center | Google SEO Update
Google News Content Policies is very important for the publishers as well as the users. Google wants that both should benefit from the content policy. But in some special cases Google ignores its content policies if the interest of the public is important.
Following are the content policies for Google News Publishers:
1) Original Content: Make sure your content is original purposeful.
2) Transparency: Visitors to your sites wants to know who is the publisher of the content. So you should provide clear dates, information about authors, publication & publisher, company/ network behind it and the contact information.
3) Ads and sponsored content: should not exceed your own content and your content should not conceals or misrepresents sponsored content.
4) Personal and confidential information: Google News Publisher Center do not allow medical records, financial information or anytype of personal information.
5) Copyrighted content: Google do not allow any content which infringes with anyone’s intellectual property rights.
6) Sexually explicit content: Sexual imagery which intends sexual arousal is not allowed.
7) Graphic violent content: Extremely violent graphic material which glorifies violence is not allowed.
8) Hateful content: If your content promotes violence or try to harass any group or individual. Then its not allowed.
9) Medical advice: providing of medical advice, diagnosis or treatment is also not allowed.
10) Dangerous and illegal activities: Your content is not allowed for ranking within Google News if the content is promotes dangerous or illegal activities.
11) Harassment and cyberbullying: If your content intends to harass, bully, or physically or sexually threaten, its not allowed.
12) Deceptive practices: Google do not allow content if you impersonate any person or organization or misrepresent or conceal primary purpose.
13) Spam and malware: Excessive repetitive or duplicate conent is not allowed. Also links which spread malware, virus and other harmful software is not allowed.